MediaFire is a free and easy to use file storage site where you are able to upload files very quickly from your computer’s hard drive and share them with others. MediaFire gives you various options of how you want to share your files.
· Via email
· Embed in Website
· Attach to IM (instant messenger)
· Copy Share URL and link it to a blog posting
There are also options to link your files to other networking sites such as facebook and MySpace.
Educational advantages of MediaFire are:
· Sharing diverse knowledge and information with peers
· Fast unlimited file uploads and downloads (saves time)
· Instantly share school camp/trip photos with family and friends (using iPhones)
· Share files/photos with other schools working on similar projects
Learning can be enhanced when students are given the chance to interact with other students with diverse knowledge (McInerney & McInerney, 2006). Once files are uploaded, they are there for the world to see and use (unless the privacy box is ticked) so care needs to be taken if you are using this tool in an education environment.
Use this link if you need a photo for your Google Earth blog (Google Earth Photo)
Overall I found this a useful and simple tool to use. And it is 100% FREE!
Mclnerney, D. M, & Mclnerney, V. (2006). Educational psychology constructing learning. Frenchs Forest, NSW, Australia: Pearsons Education Australia.